Thursday 7 October 2010

Cider Rye Loaf, not as difficult as you might think.


So finally my first post in this blog! I must admit I am a bit of a lazy writer... never really like writing essays at school and still no different, apart from the fact that I am not at school anymore.
Lately, I've been following recipes for breads since we've changed to the new yeast and they seem to work. Also I've found out that when a recipe calls for a certain amount of dry instant
yeast, you should use the double for dried active yeast.
As the bread ran out in middle of the week, it was
my turn to make some bread and I decided for a Cider Rye loaf from Dan Lepard.
Seems like rye bread has a reputation of being difficult to make but to my surprise and as the recipe stated it was pretty easy. You just need patience really :)





First you need to prepare the overnight mixture.




Next day, mix the rest of the ingredients and rest for 30 minutes.



Shape the dough in a nice ball shape and place on an ovenproof dish. Leave for 2 hours.



Put it in a cold oven, lid on and set temperature to 200C for 30 minutes. Take lid out and leave for more 15 minutes. In my case, after testing the bottom of the bread, I decided to leave for 5 minutes more.



The result is a nice moist loaf! All that and no kneading required :)

No comments:

Post a Comment